The Students’ Charter has two purposes:
1. To explain what you can expect when you become a student at Swindon College
2. To guide you in what we expect of you as a student at Swindon College.
Below is a brief overview of the Charter, click on the link at the bottom of the page to view the full Charter.
When you become a student at Swindon College:
We aim to provide an induction for your study programme and the college services, which will include introductions to:
- Your course
- Your tutor/s
- Learning Resource Centre
- Students’ Council
- Students' Charter and student responsibilities
- Sports and leisure activities
- IT facilities
- Attendance, punctuality and disciplinary procedures
- Health & Safety
- Careers guidance.
The induction process varies in time and length to suit each individual course.
Teaching and Learning while you are at college
We aim to:
- give you a high quality teaching and learning experience leading towards nationally-recognised qualifications which local employers and/or higher education are looking for
- give you a clear picture of how and when you will be assessed
- keep you up to date on your progress and encourage you to look at your own progress.
You can expect that:
- Your course will suit your needs
- Your learning needs will be assessed and, if you need it, you will be offered extra help with functional skills
- You will have qualified, friendly and helpful lecturers, tutors and support staff
- Your classes will start and end on time and you will be informed about any unexpected changes
- Your lecturers/tutors will help you to learn using different teaching and assessment methods
- Assignments and assessments will be set and returned with helpful comments within an agreed time
- Assessments will be fair, the same for everyone and understood by staff and students
- You will be informed of the College Appeals Process
- You will have regular reviews and feedback on how you are doing
- You will be helped to find a suitable work placement if it is required for your course.
In return we expect you to:
- take responsibility for your learning by attending every lesson on time and to complete your course work/assignments on time.